TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NVisionapp.com. Published by Dialect, Inc.
LAST UPDATED July 1, 2014
The content on the Website, except all User Submissions (as defined below), including, but not limited to, the text, software, scripts, graphics, music, photos, and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein are owned by or licensed to Dialect, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. The Content on the Website is provided solely for your information and personal use and cannot and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes without the prior written consent of the respective owners. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions obtained from the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content of User Submissions for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any aspect of the Website.
USE OF WEBSITE
Furthermore, you agree not to use or launch any automated system, including, but not limited to, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” “back door” access and the like, that might cause access to the Website in a way that would deliver more messages to the server(s) of the Website in a certain period of time than a person can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser, or that retrieves or indexes any part of the Website or reformats or reframes any portion of the web pages comprising the Website except as allowed by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Website grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Dialect reserves the right, generally or specifically, to revoke these exceptions. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
Website feeds in the RSS format are provided free of charge for use by individuals for personal, non-commercial uses. Attribution to the Website must be provided in connection with your use of the feeds. If you provide this attribution with a graphic, please use the Dialect logos and trademarks (“Marks”) that Dialect has included in the feed itself, without modification. Dialect reserves all rights in and to the Marks, and your right to use the Marks is limited to providing attribution in connection with these RSS feeds. By using the Dialect RSS feed, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Dialect reserves the right to cease offering these RSS feeds at any time or require you to cease distributing these RSS feeds at any time for any reason.
The Website may permit you and others the right to submit games-related content, comments, reviews, video, artwork, etc. (“User Submissions”) and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. However, you understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, Dialect does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the results of posting or publishing them. You affirm, represent, and/or warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize the Website to use and have access with respect to the User Submissions all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights.
Use and Storage of User Submissions: Dialect may establish general practices and limits concerning your use of the Website and its features, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded content will be retained by the Website, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on Dialect servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Website in a given period of time. You agree that Dialect has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the Website. You acknowledge that Dialect reserves the right to log off and remove accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that Dialect reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Our community features are designed to allow you to share information with others and to provide you with the opportunity to post comments, participate in forums and receive updates.
When you sign up for the community features “Community Features”, you will be asked to create a username and password. In addition, you may have the opportunity to build a profile, including your picture, instant messaging address(es), and an “about me” section among other information. You will be asked which information, if any, you wish to have displayed in your public profile. With the exception of your user name, you do not have to provide or agree to display any information in your public profile in order to use the Community Features.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO ALLOW THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO BE DISPLAYED IN YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE RELEASE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU TO A PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING OTHER MEMBERS OF THE WEBSITE AND VISITORS TO THE WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, INCLUDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION TO BE SHARED IN A PUBLIC FORUM, DO NOT PROVIDE THE INFORMATION.
User Code of Conduct
We want you to be able to express yourself and your point of view while using our community features, but certain kinds of speech simply do not belong on the Website. Therefore, you may not post or share content that:
- is obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit
- depicts graphic or gratuitous violence
- makes threats of any kind or that intimidates, harasses, or bullies anyone
- is derogatory, demeaning, malicious, defamatory, abusive, offensive or hateful
While we are not responsible for the conduct of our users, we expect you to act responsibly. Therefore, when using our community features, you may not:
- post any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense or which would violate any local, state, national or international law
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity, including using the user name and password of any other person
- use our Website to send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation
- post or share any personally identifiable or private information of any third party
- solicit, or harvest through electronic or other means, IP addresses, email addresses, passwords or personal information from anyone
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- register for more than one account or use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization or create a false identity on the Service or the Site
- engage in any predatory or stalking conduct.
NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT ISSUES
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Dialect’s designated Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent/Legal Department
c/o Dialect, Inc.
25 Taylor Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
info @ dialectinc.com
Only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
If you believe that your User Submission that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Dialect will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 15 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 15 to 20 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Dialect’s sole discretion.
Dialect may suspend or terminate your account at any time, for any reason and without prior notice. Suspected system misuse will result in your immediate termination. You will no longer have access to the Website. You will not attempt to circumvent any such suspension.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL DIALECT, AFFILIATE SITES OR THE OWNERS, WEBMASTERS OR ANY OTHER PERSONNEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THIS SERVER.
Your exclusive remedy for any claim shall be limited to U.S. $25.00. The limitations, exclusions and disclaimers set for above shall apply and be enforceable to the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
REMEDIES, CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or any Website services shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the County of San Francisco, California, USA and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction. Either you or Dialect may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, California, USA necessary to protect the rights or property of you or Dialect pending the completion of arbitration.
This contract shall be governed by California law, regardless of the choice of law rules of any jurisdiction.
The terms of this contract (as may be amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Dialect concerning your use of the Website, and supersede any prior agreement, whether written or oral, between you and Dialect concerning such use.
Dialect reserves the right to update the terms of this contract from time to time without notice. If it does so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is uploaded to this Website and your continued use of the Website following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the new terms of this contract. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the terms of this contract so that you are aware of any changes to them. No variation to the terms of this contract shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Dialect.
If any provision(s) of this contract are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Dialect’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this contract shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to in writing by an authorized representative of Dialect.